Speed Up Civil 3D with a 64-bit Operating System, Part 2: Non-CAD Tasks
We’ve been discussing Civil 3D and other CAD applications up to this point. But the average CAD workstation has to do so much more than CAD. Well if you are running a 64-bit operating system you are going to see benefits in these non-CAD tasks also.
Thanks to the aforementioned improvements in memory and computational management, even the most boring tasks will be improved. For instance Microsoft Office Excel will be able to open massive workbook faster and easier since it no longer has to break the data into “manageable” 2GB chunks. Microsoft Project will handle huge projects with greater ease and fewer stalls/crashes when multiple sub-projects are involved. Adobe Photoshop will render and perform file open/save functions much faster. And that is just to name a few of the great things that 64-bit operating systems can do.
But if CAD is really all you are concerned with then here is the best news of all. Many modern CAD applications are available in native 64-bit versions. These newly improved releases sport better reliability, data management, and memory utilization. What does that all mean? It means you will be rocking you CAD drawings at maximum velocity!
Next, we’ll sell it to your boss.
Author: Curt Moreno
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
This blog was developed by Longitude Media, publisher of Cadalyst.
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- RT @wkfd: RT @c3dplus: Civil 3D Surface to Revit? That's Easy! wp.me/pKldM-jFTweeted 16 hours ago
- RT @LTisACAD: Classic Tip that works with LT: Quickly Copy Objects dld.bz/csvrA @Cadalyst_MagTweeted 19 hours ago
- Optimize and select the best #CAD implementations and solutions for your company. Download @Cadalyst_Mag, for free! hub.am/14y0EGsTweeted 19 hours ago
- RT @cadpanacea: @Cadalyst_Mag Tips and Tools for May 20. Have you submitted your tip lately? hub.am/10KNQvTTweeted 1 day ago
- Webcast Replay: Flexible Design with @PTC_Creo hub.am/14rbqhMTweeted 1 day ago
The Latest from CADspeed:
- Free Webinar: Improve Civil, BIM & Plant Workflows with 3D Laser Scanning Hardware
- Solid State Drives for CAD Workstations
- Free CAD Workstation Resource Guide Available for Download
- Do You Really Need ECC Memory for CAD Workstation Computing?
- Protect Sensitive Data With Easy, Secure Data Image Overwrite for Your Large Format Devices